Here is what to expect in the week ahead.
Tuesday, 6th April 2021
• Reserve Bank Board meeting – No policy changes are expected.
• Inflation gauge (March) From the Melbourne Institute
• ANZ job ads (March) Ads are up 13.4% on the year.
• IHS market services index (March) At 3-month highs
• Weekly consumer sentiment index (April 4) From ANZ and Roy Morgan
• AiG Construction index (March) Near 3½-year highs
• AiG Services index (March) At highest level since June 2018
• Financial Stability Review Semi-annual report from Reserve Bank
• US JOLTS job openings (February) Stands at 11-month highs
• US Economic Optimism index (April) At the highest level in 13 months
• China Caixin services index (March) Expected to lift from 51.5 to 52.1
• US International trade (February) A US$70.2 billion deficit is tipped
• US Federal Reserve meeting minutes Minutes of March 17 meeting
• US Consumer credit (February) Credit could lift by US$3.5 billion
• US Initial jobless claims (Week to April 3) At pre-pandemic levels
• US Producer price index (March) Core prices are up 2.5% on the year
• US Wholesale inventories (February) Stocks rose 1.3% in January
• China Inflation (March) Prices are lifting from lows
• China credit growth & car sales (March) Tentatively scheduled for release